Are you on the search for the ultimate cookware set for your newly refurbished kitchen? Look no further, our Calphalon cookware reviews will guide you to the best choice for your household.
If you have been on a deep search for cookware for your home, you’ve probably come across Calphalon cookware sets. The best Calphalon cookware sets are designed to completely overhaul your kitchen. The cookware brand has been on the market for over 40 years for a reason!
Ranging from stainless steel to ceramic or combined material construction, Calphalon cookware units deliver impressive nonstick cooking and even heat distribution. Their price is surprisingly accessible, without compromising on quality or functionality.
Calphalon Cookware Reviews – Our 8 Favorite Sets of 2020
It’s no secret that nearly every set made by Calphalon is a winner. You really can’t go wrong. Our Calphalon cookware reviews below will help you pick the best set for you based on your cooking needs.
Table of Contents
1. Calphalon Simply Pots And Pans Set
The Calphalon Simply Pots and Pans set features a double layer nonstick interior, which improves your overall cooking experience. The first layer reinforces the unit’s durability. The second inner layer improves adherence. The 3mm medium gauge hard anodized aluminum helps to prevent corrosion and warping on the cookware.
Each unit on the set is also riveted with a long silicone handle. The handles don’t just provide ergonomic handling but act as heat insulators as well. The saucepans, sauté pan, and stockpot also comes with a tempered glass lid, which allows you to easily keep an eye on your cooking.
- Durable double layer interior for a nonstick cooking experience
- The ergonomically designed silicone grip handles provide heat insulation
- Smooth interior and exterior surface make cleaning easy and quick
- The smooth surfaces do not scratch
- The pots and pans set is not dishwasher safe
- The units can be a little heavy
2. Calphalon Premier Space Saving Cookware Set
If you have limited space in your kitchen the best Calphalon cookware set for your home is the Premier Space Saving cookware set. This 15-piece set comes with the advantage of being stackable without compromising its quality or functionality. Each of the units is specially designed to be stacked from smaller to larger pieces, thus saving you up to 30% of your storage space.
To complement their stackable design, the cookware set also comes with flat tempered glass covers and flat shaped stainless steel handles to save extra space. In order to maintain the quality, the cookware set is built with a reinforced 3 layer nonstick hard anodized material. The first layer improves adherence, the second increases durability, and the third provides a long-lasting nonstick surface.
- Stackable design saves up to 30% of your storage space
- Triple-layered nonstick surface offers 40% longer lasting finish
- Safe to use with metal utensils
- Flat tempered glass lids and flat stainless steel also complement the space-saving design
- Pieces stack easily but do not lock into place
3. Calphalon Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
Whether you want to scramble some eggs for breakfast or whip up a dinner worthy of Master Chef; the Calphalon Hard Anodized Nonstick cookware set is built with professional standards that allow you to prepare great meals. The cookware set integrates a triple nonstick layer which delivers superior cooking performance. The nonstick triple-layer surface ensures food is released easily to prevent sticking and makes clean up effortless.
The cookware set’s hard anodized aluminum construction also complements the triple-layer surface to improve the overall cooking process. Thanks to this design, each unit heats up evenly to ensure consistent food quality. Additionally, the aluminum construction and temperature rating of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit allow the cookware to safely work on most stovetops, including induction types as well.
- Dishwasher and oven safe construction
- Compatible with most stovetops including induction, gas, electric, and glass types
- Long stainless steel handles are built to remain cool during cooking
- Nonstick surfaces mean less oil is required during cooking
- The exterior may chip over time
4. Calphalon Classic Pots And Pans Set
What makes the Calphalon Classic pots and pans set ideal for any conventional home is their practical design. The cookware set features an impact-bonded aluminum base which helps to provide quick and even heat distribution. The even heat distribution helps to maintain consistent cooking. All pieces of the cookware set are also built to be stove, induction, oven, and broiler safe. Plus, after all your cooking activities, you can simply toss them into the dishwasher for a thorough clean.
In the interior of each piece, you will also find labeled lines on the walls for easy measuring so you can easily prepare accurate portions. The top of each unit and its covers also have strain holes and pouring spouts. This construction allows you to easily drain liquids without needing a colander.
- Straining holes and pour spouts allow you to easily pour liquids without using a colander
- Double riveted and long ergonomic stainless steel handles stay cool for longer
- Measuring lines in the interior of each piece for accurate portioning and recipe measurements
- Cookware set safe for use on a stove, oven, broiler, and dishwasher
- Discoloration may occur in the interior after some time
5. Calphalon Premier Space Saving Stainless Steel 15 Piece Set
No Calphalon cookware reviews roundup would be complete without taking a look at the amazing Calphalon Premier Space Saving Stainless Steel set.
Designed with efficiency in mind, the Calphalon Premier Space Saving Stainless Steel set is suitable for any type of cooking, including induction cooking. The entire set is also stackable, which makes this a great choice if you have limited space in your kitchen. Additionally, each piece in the set features 3 layers of metal to quickly and evenly distribute heat.
The set includes an 8 and 10-inch fry pan, 12-inch fry pan, 2.5-quart, and 3.5-quart saucepans with lids, a 4.5-quart soup pan with lid, 3-quart saute pan with lid, 5-quart saute with lid, and 8-quart stockpot with lid.
- Suitable for induction cooking
- Dishwasher safe
- Space-saving stackable design
- Stylish tri-ply curved construction for even heat distribution
- The cookware set is not nonstick
6. Calphalon Nonstick Covered All Purpose Pan
Designed with a versatile shape and size, the Calphalon Nonstick Covered all purpose pan allows you to sample different styles of cooking. The durable anodized aluminum all purpose pan allows you to fry, sauté, stir fry, and do so much more. The pan also features a dual-layer nonstick construction. This construction delivers smooth food releases and quick clean-ups.
On the sides, the all purpose pan is fitted with cast stainless steel loop handles. The dual side handles allow for easier and convenient handling. Its shatterproof and tempered glass lid on the other end allows you to consistently monitor your cooking without removing it.
- Versatile design allows you to use the pan for different cooking styles
- The dual nonstick layer provides easy food release and cleanup
- Durable cast stainless steel side loop handles
- Oven safe at up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- The pan is not compatible with induction type stovetops
7. Calphalon Signature Nonstick Omelet Fry Pan set
The Calphalon Signature Nonstick Omelet fry pan set takes your egg preparation to the next level. However, egg cooking is not the only culinary indulgence you can partake with these fry pan set. The 8-inch and 10-inch fry pan set also allow you to prepare other food options through frying, sautéing, browning, and other styles.
Thanks to their hard anodized aluminum construction, the frying pans also allow you to use any utensils for easy cooking. The dishwasher safe pans integrate a PFOA-free interior nonstick coating which is as effective as stainless steel. In fact, this nonstick coating is what makes the frying pan set a perfect choice for searing.
- Ideally designed for preparing egg dishes
- Pans designed for use with gas, electric, electric ring, halogen, and glass stovetops
- Temperature rating of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Nonstick interior PFOA-free coating makes the frying pans perfect for searing
- The frying pans are somewhat heavy
8. Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Chef’s Pan
Incorporating a three-layer design, the Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel chef’s pan delivers even and consistent heating. In the interior, the chef’s pan boasts a stainless steel satin finish for easy food release and quick clean. The satin finish also gives the pan a sleek and clean look. The inner layer on the other end features an aluminum core that complements the pan’s even heating qualities.
The pan’s exterior features a magnesium stainless steel layer which also reinforces its durability and gives it a shiny look. To make the chef’s pan even more versatile in your kitchen, it features an induction, oven, and broiler safe construction. Plus, its dishwasher safe construction also improves your kitchen convenience.
- Shatterproof and tempered glass cover for versatile cooking
- Aluminum core delivers even and quick heat distribution
- The stay-cool long stainless steel handle design
- Oven, broiler, induction, and dishwasher safe
- The pan’s depth can be a little shallow
If you’re still on the fence after reading our Calphalon cookware reviews, take a look at the Q & A below to see if Calphalon cookware is the right choice for you.
Q: When should you replace/retire Calphalon cookware?
A: There’s no set time to replace or retire your Calphalon cookware, other than when it is damaged. However, if you can afford it, it is a good idea to always retire and replace your cookware every five years. Nevertheless, if you notice that your cookware is becoming irreparably warped, scratched, or discolored, at any time, then, you should replace your cookware.
Q: What is hard anodized aluminum?
A: Many nonstick cookware units are made from hard anodized aluminum. The process normally involves treating aluminum through an electrochemical process to improve its properties. Hard anodized aluminum is favored for its high tensile finish, improved durability, and increased resistance to corrosion. Some of the best Calphalon cookware sets are made from hard anodized aluminum.
Q: Does Calphalon cookware use Teflon?
A: Yes, Calphalon cookware uses Teflon, also known as PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene). This material is normally paired with the brand’s proprietary reinforcements to create a coating that provides wear resistance and optimal heat transfer. If you’re interested in nonstick cookware that does not use Teflon check out our GreenPan cookware reviews.
Q: Does Calphalon cookware require seasoning?
A: Generally, professional cooks prefer to season their stainless steel cookware. Yet, it depends on your preferences. Seasoning stainless steel cookware helps to create a better nonstick surface to prevent those unpleasant dark burnt spots on your cookware, especially when cooking at high temperatures. After usage, you want to rinse your seasoned stainless steel cookware with hot water, and then dry it with a clean cotton cloth instead of washing it with water and soap.
Have additional questions on Calphalon cookware, or want to tell us if our Calphalon cookware reviews were helpful? Leave a comment below!