Whether you are making pancakes on a busy weekday morning or a relaxed Sunday brunch, you need a good quality pan. So we decided to do you a solid and find the best pan for pancakes.
Pancakes are easy to prepare and are a go-to breakfast for many of us. However, you don’t just want to use a pan, you want to use the best pan for pancakes to really enjoy fluffy and tasty pancakes. A good quality pan is built to provide quick and even heat distribution to ensure your pancake is well cooked. They should also have a nonstick surface to facilitate easy flips and food removal.
The Best Pan for Pancakes – Our 8 Favorite Pans to Get you Flippin’
We didn’t just find the best pan for pancakes, we found 8. Check out our compilation of the 8 best pans for pancakes listed below to find your favorite one. It’s about time you start enjoying flavorful and fluffy pancakes!
Table of Contents
1. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Griddle & Pan
The Lodge Cast Iron griddle and pan comes pre-seasoned and ready for use. The high tensile pan is designed for use on any cooking surface, whether it is a stovetop, oven, grill, or even campfire. Its cast-iron construction gives it impeccable heat conductivity and even heat distribution to ensure thorough cooking.
You can use it for cooking a multitude of foods, be it pancakes, steaks, or even baked buttermilk biscuits. In short, you can use this pan for sautéing, searing, frying, and stir-frying. Its easy-grip handle makes cooking more efficient and doesn’t degrade even from being on an oven or direct flame.
- Designed with slightly raised edges to neatly contain oil, batter, and other cooking ingredients
- Can be used on any cooking surface
- Comes pre-seasoned for a natural and easy release finish
- Designed with a wider cooking surface
- Built with an easy-grip handle
- The handle is a little too short
- The pre-seasoning is somewhat inadequate
2. Gotham Steel Nonstick Double Pan
Turn your home into a pancake haven with the Gotham Steel nonstick pan! The innovative design of this pancake pan is ideal for making all your breakfast essentials, such as fluffy pancakes, crepes, bacon, omelets, and frittatas. Featuring an award-winning coating, the pan delivers optimal food release and effortless sliding– even without any oil or butter.
Its aluminum composition ensures improved heat retention and distribution to maintain high food quality. The pan for pancakes also features a double pan design. Coupled with the nonstick coating and its rubberized grip handles, the double pan design complements easy flipping during your cooking to make the ultimate egg dishes and of course, fluffy pancakes.
- Rubberized handles for superior grip
- Double pan design for easy flips
- Award-winning nonstick coating allows food to easily slide without any oil or butter
- The aluminum construction enhances heat retention and distribution
- Metal utensil safe surface with a scratch-proof finish
- Does not work with induction type stoves
- Cooking spray destroys the cooking surface
3. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard Anodized Crepe Pan
Made from hard anodized aluminum, the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic crepe pan is built to be twice as strong as a stainless steel one. The hard anodized aluminum construction also delivers fast and even heat distribution, thus preventing any hot spots during cooking. To increase its durability, the hard anodized exterior is also non-porous, and wear-resistant. The interior on the other end features a patented nonstick coating that is reinforced with titanium.
This coating doesn’t only facilitate easy food release and clean up, but it also allows you to cook with fewer fats and oil. Ultimately, you can enjoy healthier, fluffier pancake meals with less oil. Their tapered rim eliminates drip while pouring your oils. Plus, their high 500 degrees Fahrenheit temperature rating allows for versatile cooking, even in the oven. However, it’s important to note that these pans do not work with induction type stovetops.
- Solid stainless steel riveted handles stay cool even with direct flame cooking
- High temperature rating of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Titanium reinforced coating facilitates healthier cooking
- The hard anodized aluminum is highly tensile and eliminates hot spots during cooking
- The pan is lightweight and easy to handle
- The pan is not induction ready
- It loses color with frequent usage
4. Calphalon Contemporary Hard Anodized Griddle Pan
The large, flat, and rectangular surface area of the Calphalon Contemporary griddle pan offers maximum cooking area and can accommodate more servings. So on those busy weekday mornings, you can easily whip up pancakes for your family in a single cooking round. The pancake pan’s slender lip on the other end contains liquids, yet, it allows easy access with a spatula. It’s long cast stainless steel handle stays cool throughout your cooking for added convenience.
On days you want to entertain friends and family, the pan lets you get fancy by preparing gourmet dishes and snacks such as baked canapés thanks to the 450 degrees oven temperature rating. To complement the high temperature rating, the pan features three-layer construction. The first two layers enhance its durability while the third layer offers easy food release and even heating.
- Larger cooking surface to accommodate more servings
- Three-layer construction for added durability, easy food release, and even heat distribution
- Low profile design makes the pan ideal for breakfast items
- Long stay-cool handle for convenient cooking
- Dishwasher safe design
- The pan easily warps
- Loses interior coating over time
5. Rachel Ray Cucina Hard Anodized Griddle Pan
The Rachel Ray Cucina griddle pan is designed with an eye-catching grey finish and blue handle; making it an attractive addition to your cookware in the kitchen. In fact, its silicone molded and stainless steel stay-cool handles allow for direct stove-to-breakfast table usage.
The stylish yet practical square griddle pan is also built with a smooth griddle surface with shallow sides to facilitate flipping and turning your pancakes as you cook. Built with a temperature rating of 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the griddle pan can work on any cooking surfaces including ovens, and stovetops. This versatility allows you to explore a wider selection of recipes with meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks and desserts.
Looking for other Rachael Ray cookware to complete your set? Check out our Rachael Ray cookware reviews.
- Eye-catching grey finish with blue handles
- Oven safe at up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Long-lasting espresso colored PFOA-free nonstick coating
- Dishwasher safe design
- Hard anodized aluminum construction eliminates hot spots during cooking
- The pan is not suitable for induction cooking
- It can have issues with wobbling on a stove
6. Ecolution Artistry Nonstick Square Griddle Pan
The Ecolution Artistry griddle pan’s superior heat distribution allows you to prepare a wide range of breakfast, lunch, and dinner favorites including pancakes, omelets, hash browns, burgers, and chicken. The griddle pan is built with heavy-gauge aluminum for excellent heat retention. Its bottom rings design on the other end help to evenly distribute heat, ensuring that your food is well cooked.
The griddle also features an advanced nonstick technology that provides extreme protection, durability, and easy food release. Coupled with its dishwasher safe design, the nonstick coating also allows for easy and quick clean up after usage. Furthermore, the nonstick coating utilizes a hydrolon coating which is eco-friendly and doesn’t contain any toxic substances that can be absorbed in your food.
- Ecofriendly and non-toxic advanced nonstick coating
- The hydrolon coating offers a scratch and stain free surface
- Rings at the bottom to evenly distribute heat
- Artistic green leaf decorative base
- The stay-cool silicone molded handles
- The handles extend out too low
- Doesn’t cook as evenly when you add larger servings simultaneously
7. Norpro Nonstick Stuffed Pancake Pan
With the Norpro pancake pan, you can elevate your pancake making from your regular pancakes to breakfast favorites that explode with irresistible flavors. You can use the pancake pan to make plain, sweet, or savory pancakes. The pan for pancakes is built with seven 2.5-inch holes to pour your pancake batter.
With this design, even the most amateur of cooks can still make the best tasting pancakes filled with jam, cream, chocolate, or even breakfast meats. To maintain the quality of your food, the pan is also built from cast aluminum which heats quickly and evenly as well as provides a nonstick surface. Its ergonomic 7.5-inch long grip on the other end guarantees convenient and comfortable handling.
- The pan allows you to make stuffed sweet or savory pancakes
- Cast aluminum provides quick and even heating as well as a nonstick surface
- Molded with 7 holes to cook 7 pancakes in a single cooking interval
- The molded silicone ergonomic handle never gets hot
- Comes with a Danish pancake recipe and instructions
- Doesn’t work in ovens or induction type stoves
- The molds are a bit shallow
8. Emoji Smiley Face Pancake Pan
Make breakfast more fun with your family by using the Emoji Smiley Face pancake pan. The pan for pancakes comes with 7 different batter holes with different faces. These include a happy face, an angry face, a heart eye face, a winky face, a pucker face, a laughing crying face, and an excited face – what better way to start your kids’ day than with a fun and filling breakfast favorite.
To ensure each pancake comes out with precise Emoji details, the pan features a PTFE-free nonstick coating for easy removal. Its aluminum construction ensures quick and even heat distribution for a golden brown and mouthwatering finish.
- Mini pancake maker with seven 2 inch batter holes
- Each hole is designed with an individual Emoji face mold
- Nonstick surface for easy flipping and removal
- Aluminum construction delivers quick and even heat distribution for a golden brown finish
- Works with any stovetop types including an induction types
- Too much pancake batter makes it difficult to flip
- Can be messy with larger servings
We may have found the best pan for pancakes, but did we answer all your questions? If not, check out our Q & A below.
Q: What pan is the best type for pancakes?
A: The best pans for pancakes should be able to quickly and evenly distribute heat for a thorough cook. Some of the best pans for pancakes are built as cast iron skillets or heavy-gauge aluminum pans with a nonstick coating. When using a cast-iron skillet or griddle pan, always remember to season it well first.
Q: Can you make pancakes on a pan?
A: Yes, you can make pancakes on a pan. To do so, grease the pan with a little vegetable oil or butter, then, heat it over medium heat. Pour over the batter to form the pancake shape you want. Continue cooking until bubbles form at the top side, flip over the pancake and cook for about two minutes until the other side has browned as well.
Q: Do I need to grease my pan when making pancakes?
A: Yes, you should grease your pan when making pancakes. Doing so gives the pancake a thin layer of evenly distributed fat without being too greasy. Additionally, greasing the pan prevents the pancakes from sticking to the surface.
Q: Do I cook pancakes over high or low heat?
A: You should cook your pancakes over medium-low to medium heat. This provides an even and thorough cook on your pancake. Cooking pancakes at high heat can easily burn them on the outside whilst leaving them uncooked on the inside.
Did we find the best pan for pancakes? Let us know in the comments.