Are you looking for the ideal pan to use on your glass stovetop? We went on a quest to find the best pan for glass top stoves and ended up finding 8 great options.
Glass top stoves come with numerous advantages. Yet, their delicate build means that they are not suitable for just any pan. The best pans for glass top stoves are built with a lightweight body and smoother bases to keep them from damaging the glass surface.
The Best Pan for Glass Top Stoves – 8 Perfect Choices for 2020
Pans for glass top stoves tend to also be excellent heat conductors and facilitate faster heat transfer to prevent damaging the stove with excess heat. Check out the results from our search for the best pan for glass top stoves below.
Table of Contents
1. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Grill Pan
Constructed from cast iron, the Lodge grill pan comes pre-seasoned and ready for use. This glass top stove pan is the perfect tool for preparing your breakfast favorites, such as bacon and eggs. It also makes an ideal pan for searing the juiciest steaks.
If you want to do any sautéing, searing, baking, or stir-frying; this pan is a perfect choice thanks to its cast iron construction. Its ridged inner surface is built to allow grease to easily drain away from your food while leaving behind mouthwatering grill marks. With a high temperature rating, the grill pan allows you to use it on any stovetop, oven, grill, and even campfire.
- Grill ribs elevate food and collect the grease drippings for better food quality
- The grill ribs leave mouthwatering grill marks on your food
- Comes pre-seasoned and ready for use
- Suitable for use on any stovetop, grill, oven, and even a campfire
- Comes with a slightly raised long handle for better grip
- Moving the pan back and forth on the stovetop surface can damage the stovetop
2. Jean Patrique The Whatever Griddle Pan
The cast aluminum construction of the Jean Patrique The Whatever Griddle Pan makes it quite lightweight when compared to cast iron pans. Don’t let the weight fool you, it boasts superior performance than its cast-iron counterparts.
The lightweight build makes this griddle pan for glass top stoves extremely easy to handle. Its aluminum construction boasts great heat conductivity and even heat distribution for consistent cooking on your meals.
Its griddle lines also help to lock in flavor while its glass lid helps to retain moisture and nutrients. With the glass lids, you can switch up your cooking from searing a steak to slow-roasting pork ribs. The extra deep 4.5 cm ridges on the other end help to keep your kitchen counters and ovens spot clean. Plus, with a high temperature rating of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, the pan is suitable for use with any oven.
- Non-reactive anodized cast aluminum construction
- Griddle lines to lock in flavor
- Extra deep ridges to keep the oven and kitchen counters neat
- Comes with a glass lid for more cooking versatility
- High temperature rating of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Handles get hot when cooking
3. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Square Griddle
The square layout of the OXO Good Grips griddle gives you a large cooking space to prepare enough servings for your family in a single cooking round. Engineered with German precision, the griddle pan boasts a hard anodized aluminum fabrication which provides superior heat retention and even cooking. Its 3-layer nonstick coating offers easy food release, whether you’re making pancakes or griddle cakes.
The nonstick coating also allows for easy cleanups. The griddle pan for glass stovetops also features unique rolled edges. This design allows for a drip-free pouring of your sauces or reductions. Its contoured handles are also designed to stay cool for long even on a stovetop, all the while providing a comfortable grip. With a temperature rating of up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit, the pan is safe to use with most cooking surfaces and ovens.
- Triple-layer nonstick coating for better food release and cleanups
- Square layout increases the cooking surface area
- Unique rolled edges for drip-free pouring
- Contoured handles for stay cool touch and comfortable grip
- Dishwasher and oven safe construction
- The griddle is shallow, limiting the types of foods you can prepare
4. Cuisinart 622-30G Chef’s Classic Covered Skillet
The sloped sides of the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic covered skillet enhances the cooking surface area and makes it an ideal skillet for browning and tossing foods. Its tapered rim shape on the other end facilitates neat and drip-free pouring. The skillet also comes with a tempered glass lid that allows for slow cooking as it retains moisture and nutrients.
Built from galvanized steel, the skillet delivers impressive heat distribution for consistent cooking. It’s hard anodized exterior on the other end allows for faster heating and complements heat distribution; eliminating hot spots. The glass stovetop pan is also fitted with a solid stainless steel riveted handle which stays cool throughout the cooking and offers a secure grip.
Looking for more Cuisinart cookware? Check out our Cuisinart cookware reviews.
- Quantanium nonstick coating reinforced with titanium for better food release, healthy cooking, and easy cleanup
- Tapered rim shape for drip-free pouring
- Tempered glass lid to retain flavor, moisture, and nutrients
- Hard anodized exterior for long-lasting durability
- Slopped sides to maximize the cooking surface
- The skillet is not metal utensil safe
5. MasterPan Copper Tone Non-Stick Ceramic Frying Pans
Made from aluminum, the MasterPan Copper Tone Non-Stick ceramic frying pans come in two different sized units, i.e. 10-inch and 12-inch. Constructed from a thermally efficient aluminum body, the frying pans deliver even and fast heat distribution for consistent cooking. Additionally, the interior surface is also coated with PFOA and PTFE-free ceramic coating for effortless food release and ease of cleaning.
This durable coating will not scratch, chip, or peel even when you are using metal cooking utensils. The interior coating also facilitates healthy cooking; requiring minimal use of oil or butter, even when you are caramelizing sugar. Built with a temperature rating of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, the frying pan set is suitable for use in an oven or any stovetop type.
- Comes in a set of 10-inch and 12-inch units
- Higher temperature rating of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- The interior surface coating facilitates healthy cooking
- Suitable for use on any stovetop type or oven
- Dishwasher and oven safe construction
- The pans don’t come with a lid
6. T-Fal E93808 Professional Fry Pan
The T-Fal Professional fry pan features a unique Thermo spot heat indicator which shows you when the pan is sufficiently pre-heated to ensure precision and high-quality cooking. The glass stove top pan also features a Prometal Pro nonstick interior which delivers durable and scratch-free performance. Plus, this unique surface coating allows for safe metal utensil usage.
To ensure you enjoy consistent food quality, the frying pan is fitted with a stainless steel disc at the bottom. This complements the pan’s aluminum construction to provide even heat distribution and anti-warping protection. With a high temperature rating of up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the professional fry pan is safe to use in an oven and on any stovetop, including induction types.
- Stainless steel disc for even heat distribution and anti-warp protection
- Prometal Pro nonstick interior is scratch-resistant
- Metal utensil safe construction
- The unique thermo spot heat indicator shows when the pan is sufficiently preheated
- Safe for use with all cooking methods including induction
- Cooking at high temperatures reduces the efficiency of the nonstick coating
7. Calphalon 2 Piece Classic Nonstick Frying Pan
Designed with gently sloped sides and flared edges, the Calphalon 2 Piece Classic nonstick frying pan is perfect for making food items such as omelets, vegetables, and even steaks. The set comes with two different sized skillets, i.e. a 10-inch and a 12-inch one to cater to a variety of serving needs.
Their durable hard anodized aluminum fabrication provides fast and even cooking while leaving the pans unreactive. Plus, the pans are also lined with a durable nonstick coating to facilitate easy food releases and cleanups. Its longer “stay-cool” handle on the other end provides better grip and control.
- Dual nonstick layer for easy food release and quick clean up
- Long “stay-cool” cast stainless steel handles
- Gently sloped sides and flared edges for easy flipping and turning
- Comes in a pair of two differently sized pans
- The hard anodized aluminum construction provides fast and even heating
- The fry pan set is not dishwasher safe
8. The Stone Earth Fry Pan by Ozeri
The Stone Earth Fry Pan by Ozeri is built with a German stone derived coating that delivers nonstick cooking performance. This coating also provides APEO-free and PFOA-free cooking to ensure all your meals are safe. The nonstick coating also provides the pan with a hardened scratch-resistant and easy to clean surface. In the interior, the pan features a heavy gauge cast aluminum construction for lightweight build and increased heat conductivity.
The cast aluminum interior also provides even heat distribution. Its magnetic base on the other end complements its heat conductivity to provide rapid heat transfer, whether you are using a glass or induction stovetop. The silicone-coated stainless steel handle also provides proper grip and is reinforced to the pan with 3 solid rivets for improved bonding and durability.
- The long handle is riveted via 3 solid rivets for added bondage and durability
- The silicone-coated stainless steel handle provides better grip and remains cool during cooking
- The magnetized base facilitates rapid heat transfer
- 100% toxic-free interior nonstick coating
- Ecofriendly fabrication
- The silicone-coated handle gets too hot in an oven
Interested in learning more about the best pan for glass top stoves? Check out our Q &A below.
Q: Do I really need special cookware for glass top stoves?
A: Ideally, the best pans for glass top stoves should be smooth and lightweight to prevent from damaging the glass tops during cooking. Thus, when you are choosing the best pan for glass top stoves to purchase, always pay attention to the material used and the construction design.
Q: Can I put a hot pan on a glass stovetop?
A: Yes, you can put a hot pan or pot, even from the oven, on your glass stovetop. This is because these stovetops are designed to deal with heat. Yet, you must ensure that the hotness if the pan doesn’t exceed the stovetop’s temperature rating.
Q: What pans shouldn’t you use on the glass stovetop?
A: You want to avoid using a pan that has a rough base and heavyweight because this can easily damage the glass top surface. Typically, pans made from cast iron are not recommended to use on a glass top because they can easily damage the surface. Additionally, low quality cast iron cookware are also slow at absorbing heat. By the time the heat is absorbed, it is extremely high and can easily transfer on to the glass top.
Q: How do you protect a glass stovetop when using a pan?
A: Using a heat diffuser is one efficient way to protect your glass stovetop. Heat diffusers are designed to protect the stovetops from the heaviness, rough bottoms, and high heat of cookware such as cast-iron types.
Q: How how do glass stovetops get?
A: It depends on the particular stovetop. Typically, most glass stovetops can get hot to a temperature of between 300 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do you think we found the best pan for glass stovetops, or is there something we missed? Let us know in the comments below.