To enjoy a proper home-cooked meatloaf, you need to use the right pan. But what if I told you that you didn’t just need the right pan, but the best meatloaf pan? Does such a thing exist? We decided to find out.
The best meatloaf pans are designed to deliver a well balanced and consistent cook on your meatloaf.
Not only do they help to retain just the right amount of heat and moisture, but they also provide that perfect browning and crunch we all love at the surface of the meatloaf. Additionally, meatloaf pans are also built with perforated racks, bases, or inserts to aid with grease and fat drainage; thus, ensuring a healthy meatloaf baking.
The Best Meatloaf Pan in 2020 – 8 Pans to Get You Loafin’
We didn’t just stop once we found the best meatloaf pan. We found 8. Whether you are looking for an ultra-nonstick pan, or better wide grip handles, check out our list below to find your perfect pan.
Table of Contents
1. Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Meatloaf Pan Set
The Wilton Perfect Results meatloaf pan set comes in two pieces. While the top pan is used to bake meatloaf, the bottom one can be used to make your favorite bread loaves. This premium nonstick bakeware is also designed to allow fat to drain away from your meatloaf into the bottom pan for improved quality of the finished dish.
Each pan is also lined with a nonstick coating that provides easy and quick food release, to prevent the meatloaf from sticking to the walls and the bottom. The nonstick surface also makes clean up a breeze! Constructed from heavy-gauge steel, the bakeware is durable and features anti-warp protection.
- Oversized side handles to accommodate mitted hands and for better grip
- Dishwasher safe construction
- Ridged surface and holed sides for healthier cooking
- Ultra nonstick surface for easy food release and cleanups
- Comes in a two-piece meatloaf and bread loaf pan
- The meatloaf pan size is somewhat small
2. Norpro Stainless Steel Loaf Pan
Built from mirror-polished heavy gauge stainless steel, the Norpro loaf pan features a shiny look. Yet, this mirror-polished exterior is not all this pan has! The stainless steel pan also features a versatile build, allowing you to prepare a cross-section of other savory and sweet baked items.
The shiny interior of this meatloaf pan features a stain-free, scratch-resistant, and rust-resistant surface; to prevent warping or corroding. Yet no matter how long you use this meatloaf pan, it still maintains its glossy and shiny look. The meatloaf pan is also designed with unique wide lip edges, which make it simpler to handle, even when you are wearing oven mitts.
- Wide lip edges for better handling
- Pan’s lips allow for easy rotation
- Stick, scratch, and rust-resistant surface to prevent warping and corrosion
- Mirror polished stainless steel construction for a shiny look
- Versatile build to accommodate a wide range of sweet and savory baked items
- This meatloaf pan is not dishwasher safe
3. Chicago Metallic Professional Non-Stick 2-Piece Healthy Meatloaf Set
The Chicago Metallic Professional 2-piece meatloaf set comes with a standard loaf pan and a perforated baking rack. The perforated rack helps to effectively drain fat and grease for a healthier and better quality meatloaf. The perforated rack also allows you to neatly lift off the meatloaf for mess-free slicing.
Constructed from aluminum steel, the meatloaf pan offers superior heat conductivity and heat distribution, ensuring a consistent cook on your meatloaf. Its nonstick surface on the other end allows for easy food release as well as easy cleanups. The nonstick coating also allows you to bake other items without having to use the perforated rack.
- Perforated rack insert to drain oils and grease from the meatloaf
- The rack allows for easy lifting and mess-free slicing
- Aluminum steel construction offers superior heat conductivity and even heat distribution
- Silicone base and nonstick coating for guaranteed effortless food release
- High temperature rating of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- This pan set is not metal utensil safe
4. Nordic Ware Naturals Meat Loaf Pan
Constructed from commercial quality aluminum, the Nordic Ware Naturals meatloaf pan doubles as a bread loaf pan. The loaf pan’s aluminum construction gives it incredible benefits. With a high temperature rating, this meatloaf and bread loaf pan allows you to try out a wide range of baking recipes. The high tensile aluminum construction also offers high heat conductivity which otherwise facilitates rapid heat transfer during baking.
The aluminum promotes even heat distribution to ensure high quality and consistent cook on your baked items. Fitted with a lifting trivet, the pan also delivers messy free food handling and slicing. The trivet also works as a perforated rack to effectively drain oils and grease during baking.
- Galvanized steel reinforced rims
- Pure aluminum construction guarantees even cooking and browning on the food
- Perforated lifting trivet for better handling
- The trivet allows excess oil and grease to easily drip away during the baking process
- The pan doubles as a bread loaf pan
- Can stain easily yet still high performing
5. Le Creuset PG1049-2359 Heritage Stoneware Loaf Pan
Available in a choice of 4 colors, the Le Creuset Heritage loaf pan adds elegance to any home kitchen. Its stoneware fabrication complements its elegant build with impressive performance. The 1.5-quart pan is made from high fired stoneware and an enamel glossy glazing to ensure proper heat retention and distribution.
The dense stoneware material also helps to prevent moisture absorption for just the right meatloaf quality. This construction also makes the pan, safe to use not only in an oven but also in a freezer and a microwave. You can also use the pan in a broiler. The non-porous construction on the other end gives the pan an odorless, anti-chip, crack-free, and stain-resistant finish.
If you’re looking for more from Le Creuset be sure to check out our review of their cookware.
- The pan maintains even heat distribution and prevents scorching
- Suitable for use in an oven, broiler, microwave, and freezer
- Impermeable enamel exterior prevents scratches and stains
- Metal utensil safe construction
- Dense construction prevents moisture absorption, cracking, and rippling
- The pan is somewhat heavy
6. Rachael Ray Bakeware Meatloaf/Nonstick Baking Loaf Pan
Rachel Ray brings us yet another masterpiece in her meatloaf and baking loaf pan. The meatloaf baking pan is designed with a smart two-piece standard loaf pan and a removable perforated insert for making healthy meatloaves. Manufactured from steel, the sturdy pan delivers an unmatched baking and roasting performance.
Not only does the stainless steel provide it with corrosion resistance and anti-warp protection, but, it also facilitates even heat distribution. The nonstick long-lasting interior coat on the other end delivers effortless food release and easy cleanups. The wide handles and lifting insert trivet also make the pan easier to manage with mitted hands.
- Pan and insert have a high temperature rating of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dishwasher safe construction
- Wide loaf pan and insert handles for a comfortable grip with mitted hands
- Perforated insert for easy grease and fat drainage
- The pan can be used to bake other items
- The nonstick coating is only safe for up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
7. USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Meat Loaf Pan
Integrating a unique corrugated surface design, the USA Pan meatloaf pan provides smooth air circulation and even heat distribution to ensure even baking on your food. This design also provides the meatloaf pan with a durable, reliable, and high-performance build. Furthermore, the corrugated surface design complements the proprietary Americoat silicone interior for easy food release.
The silicone coating is also PTFE, PFOA, and BPA free to ensure nontoxic cooking. Constructed from aluminum steel, the meatloaf pan delivers high quality and consistent cook on your meatloaf. The built-in perforated rivet on the other end also allows for easy grease and fat drainage to ensure your meatloaf is healthy.
- The unique fluted design facilitates air circulation and even heat distribution
- Proprietary Americoat plus nonstick coating for easy food release, cleanups, and non-toxic baking
- High tensile aluminum steel construction
- Built-in trivet to easily drain oils and fats
- Steel wire in the rim for extra strength and warp resistance
- The built-in trivet makes it difficult to thoroughly handwash the pan
8. Evelots 2 Piece Non-Stick Meatloaf Pan
The Evelots 2-piece nonstick meatloaf pan is perfect for baking meatloaves as it is designed to easily drain fat as the meatloaf cooks. The 2-piece pan set is also designed to circulate heat and cook evenly to guarantee consistent meatloaf quality. Whilst the outer pan is designed to trap the drained grease and fats, it also doubles as a bread pan. Thanks to its high-end carbon steel fabrication, it also provides rapid heat transfer and even heat distribution to make some of the best loaves of bread.
In the interior, the pan is reinforced with a nonstick surface for easier loaf release and clean up thereafter. Measuring 9.5 inches long by 5.25 inches wide by 1.5 inches high in the interior pan and 9.5 inches by 5.5 inches by 2.5 inches in the exterior, one the pan set provides an adequate serving for a small household.
- Adequately sized to sufficiently serve a small household
- Perforated top tray for easy fat drainage
- The outer pan doubles as a bread pan
- Reinforced nonstick surface for easy loaf release and clean up
- Designed to circulate heat and cook evenly
- It is not ideally sized for a large household
Take a look at our Q & A below if we didn’t already answer your question while looking for the best meatloaf pan.
Q: Can I use a loaf pan to make meatloaf?
A: Yes, you can use a loaf pan to make meatloaf. However, a loaf pan doesn’t come with a perforated insert to drain grease and fat during the baking process. So, using a loaf pan may resulting in the meatloaf accumulating a lot of grease. The best meatloaf pan should be designed with proper drainage.
Q: What size pan should I use to make meatloaf?
A: It depends on the serving size you want. The best meatloaf pans come in a cross-section of sizes. Typically, the standard size for meatloaf pans is 9 3/8 inches long by 5¼ inches wide by 2 3/8 inches high. This size can make a meatloaf that weighs up to 1.5 lbs.
Q: Why is my meatloaf falling apart
A: The most common reason why your meatloaf may be falling apart is that it doesn’t have properly balanced binding agents. Food items such as eggs and breadcrumbs are what help to bind together your meatloaf. However, an overcooked meatloaf can also easily fall off.
Q: Should I cover meatloaf during baking?
A: Yes, it is a good idea to cover your meatloaf with aluminum foil during baking to retain its moisture. Then, uncover the meatloaf in the last 15 minutes of baking to ensure proper browning on the exterior.
Q: How long does it take to cook a meatloaf in its pan?
A: Typically, it takes 50 to 60 minutes to bake meatloaf in its pan.
Let us know if you agree with our choices for the best meatloaf pan in the comments below.