Good quality cookware serves as a foundation for well-cooked and mouthwatering dishes. Our round up review of these top of the line best Viking cookware will help you find the right set for your home.
You don’t always have to order-in for good quality and flavorful meals. With the right cookware, you can replicate these expertly prepared dishes from the comfort of your home. The best Viking cookware sets allow you to easily undertake this task.
Viking cookware sets combine a unique aluminum and stainless steel construction, which helps to improve their overall coking performance. These cooking units don’t just retain sufficient cooking heat and rapidly transfer it; they also ensure even heat distribution for consistent cooking. You can even use them on a cross section of heat sources, be it a stovetop, oven, or grill.
Below is a round up list of the 6 best Viking cookware sets to choose from. Pick an option to begin to enjoy restaurant-worthy food from the comfort of your home.
1. Viking Culinary Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
With the Viking Culinary Hard Anodized Nonstick cookware set, you can enjoy almost any meal with your family from the comfort of your home. The set comprises of stockpots, saucepans, sauté pans, and frying pans; making it an excellent essential cookware set option for your home.
Plus, all the units in this set, except for the frying pans also come with fitting glass lids for added cooking versatility. The clear glass lids don’t only allow for easy food monitoring, but they also provide improved moisture, heat, and nutrient retention. The set also features a triple layer nonstick coating in the interior of each unit for better food release and easy clean up.
The coating is also PFOA free to allow for toxic-free cooking. Although the set is manufactured from hard anodized aluminum; its stainless steel base makes it compatible with most stovetop types, including induction. With a temperature rating of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, the cookware set is also oven safe. However, you should keep in mind that the glass lids boast a temperature rating of only 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The cookware set is suitable for use on all stovetop types
- Heat resistant long side handles and lid handles
- Stockpots and saucepans have interior volume marking
- The heat-conducting and even heat distributing stainless steel base
- Flared frying pan rims for drip-free pouring
- The glass lid only has a temperature rating of 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- The 8-inch frying pan is not suitable for use on an induction stovetop
2. Viking Contemporary 3-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Fully constructed from stainless steel, the Viking 3-Ply cookware set boasts a mirror-polished finish that exudes class in any kitchen. Yet, the stainless steel construction doesn’t just give this classy cookware set its look. Thanks to the stainless steel fabrication, the cookware set boasts incredible heat conductivity, rapid heat transfer, and even heat distribution to ensure consistent cooking quality.
The stainless steel construction also makes the cookware unreactive and prolongs the set’s durability whilst maintaining it’s shine even after prolonged usage. To complement its impressive heating qualities, a 3-ply fabrication is also integrated into the cookware set’s design for superior heat retention. Its exterior 18/0 stainless steel exterior and flat cooking surface makes the set ideal for use on any stovetop even induction types.
Featuring winds or pan-inspired and conical design, the cookware set units also have a large surface area for evaporating, thus, providing a faster cook time. Additionally, the set also boasts a temperature rating of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit on a broiler or grill and up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit in an oven.
- Ideal for use in an oven, broiler and on a grill at up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit
- The set can be used in an oven with the glass lids on
- Magnetic stainless steel exterior for added durability and induction stovetop compatibility
- Aluminum core provides exceptionally rapid heat transfer
- Vented glass lids prevent boil overs
- The oven temperature rating is only up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Not dishwasher safe
3. Viking Professional 5-Ply Saucepan
The Viking Professional 5-Ply saucepan brings professional cooking to the comfort of your home. The covered 2-quart saucepan features an advanced 5-ply construction which maximizes heat transfer and even heating during cooking.
Its 18/10 stainless interior on the other end delivers nonstick performance and is unreactive to ensure easy food release and safe, non-toxic cooking, respectively. The nonstick interior also makes clean ups easy. In fact, the cookware is dishwasher safe to help expedite the clean up process. On top of the interior surface are volume capacity markings to make it easier to measure your food.
The signature ergonomically designed handle on the other end provides a secure grip, control, balance, and comfort. Thanks to the stainless steel base, the pan is also induction ready. Its 5 ply construction provides a temperature rating of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit for broiler and grill use and up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven with its lid.
- Attractive satin stainless exterior
- Interior capacity markings for easy measuring
- The saucepan comes with a vented lid that can be used in an oven
- Flat base, rounded shape and flared sides for better cooking performance
- Dishwasher safe construction
- The saucepan is not metal utensil safe
- May take some time to heat up
4. Viking 5-Ply Hard Stainless Cookware Set with Hard Anodized Exterior
Combining a stainless steel interior and hard anodized aluminum exterior, the Viking 5-Ply cookware set is stronger and more durable than standard stainless steel cookware sets. Its grey graphite exterior and silver polished interior on the other end also gives the set a high quality look.
Both the hard anodized aluminum exterior and 18/8 surgical quality stainless steel interior are also non-reactive thus, ensuring your food is always healthy and non-toxic. In fact, the exterior is made from four layers of aluminum to provide optimal heat transfer and even distribution. Its stainless steel base on the other end makes the set safe for use on any stovetop.
The cookware set is even safe to use in an oven and a grill at a temperature of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The side helper handles on the other end feature a raised riveted fitting to provide a comfortable and stable grip during cooking or transfer.
- Set includes a Dutch oven for roasting
- Reinforced aluminum exterior for even heat distribution and optimal heat transfer
- Safe to use on any stovetop, oven or grill
- Interior volume markings for easy measuring
- Dishwasher safe construction
- The set doesn’t come with stock pots
- The handles can get hot over a high heat open flame
5. Viking Culinary Enamel Cast Iron Skillet
Searing your steaks or making pan biscuits with the Viking Culinary Cast iron skillet will have you feeling like a real professional Michelin star chef thanks to its durable and stylish cast iron construction. Plus, this 12-inch round fry pan is also lined with a glossy charcoal interior and matte charcoal exterior to give it extra shine and to eliminate the necessity to pre-season it every time you want to use it.
The unreactive enamel interior is naturally non-sticky; allowing for easy food releases and easy clean ups. The interior enamel is also metal utensil safe. The durable matte enamel exterior on the other end is chip and crack resistant. Built with a high temperature rating of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, the cast iron fry pan is also safe for use in an oven, grill, or any stovetop.
- Safe for use in an oven, on a grill and any stovetop
- Chip and crack resistant matte enamel exterior
- Glossy and unreactive glossy charcoal enamel interior for nonstick and safe cooking
- Cast iron fabrication to retain and evenly distribute heat
- Enamel coating allows for easy clean ups
- The pan is somewhat heavy
- It doesn’t come with a lid
6. Viking Professional 5-Ply Saucier
Make the creamiest and thickest sauces with the elegant Viking Professional 5-ply saucier. Featuring 5 ply construction, the saucier delivers impressively even heat distribution and retention for consistent cooking quality. Its magnetic stainless steel exterior on the other end allows for use on any stovetop, oven, grill, or dishwasher.
The stainless steel exterior also gives the saucier a shiny and stylish look. Inside the saucier, the nonstick coating makes the sauce making experience even better. The PFOA free coating doesn’t only facilitate non-toxic cooking but allows for minimal use of oils and butter for cooking.
- Flat base and deeply curved sides for easy stirring
- Stainless steel lid for heat maintenance, evaporation control, and reduced splatters
- Aluminum core for rapid heat transfer
- Attractive stainless steel satin exterior
- Stainless steel base for use on any stovetop
- The solid lid doesn’t allow you to monitor your cooking without removing it
- The lid and handle can get hot over time
Q: Is It Better To Cook With Stainless Steel Or Nonstick Cookware?
A: Both stainless steel and nonstick cookware are good. However, stainless steel cookware performs better at higher temperatures and more heat compared to nonstick cookware. The best Viking cookware is made with stainless steel interiors rather than nonstick coatings.
Q: Is 5 Ply Or 3 Ply Better??
A: There’s not a significant difference between 5 ply and 3 ply construction, other than the number of layers. With up to 5 layers of aluminum and 1 layer of stainless steel, 5 ply is believed to offer more anti-warp protection and to be more durable. However, because of the added layers, 5-ply can be heavier than 3-ply.
Q: Why Does My Food Stick To My Viking Stainless Steel Pan?
A: The common reason why food tends to stick on many cookware units is heat. High heat can easily overcook your food, burn it, and cause it to stick. Thus, you should use even the best Viking cookware over low to medium heat.